Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
Hello NFL Flag Pasadena Family,
I hope that you are all safe and doing well. As you know, our Winter 2021 Season was originally planned to run from January thru March. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we tried to manipulate the Winter 2021 Season schedule so that we would still be able to play starting early next month (January. There were many different options on the board (starting end of January, 4 week season with double-header games, etc.). Unfortunately, it does not appear that we will be able to hold the Winter Season this year as we have not received the "all clear" to open up from state county, city, or school leaders. With that being said, the Winter 2021 Season will be canceled and rolled over into our Spring 2021 Season.
With the hope that things normalize, our Spring 2021 Season will take place with tentative dates of April 11th thru June 13th at Hoover High School in Glendale. All Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 Season registrants, as well as Winter 2021 Season registrants will have first priority and will be automatically placed in our Spring Season. However, if your child is unable to attend the Spring 2021 Season, you have the following options available to you:
1. Rollover your Spring, Summer, Fall 2020 Season or Winter 2021 registration to the Spring 2021 Season
2. Receive a credit for a future season of your choice
Choosing one of the these options would greatly help us to keep our football league afloat financially in these difficult times. If you have previously registered for the Spring, Summer, Fall 2020, or Winter 2021 Seasons, you must let the league know the option you choose or you will be placed in the Spring 2021 Season automatically. All coaches or potential coaches, please also reach out to us if you still desire to coach during the Spring 2021 Season. For any individuals that have not registered for the Winter Season as of yet, registration is currently open on our website and you may register anytime before January 1st. We will also be offering a handful of scholarships, as well as payment plans if needed (please email us).
*There will also be sport specific social distancing guidelines applied to all practices and game days. These guidelines will also include such practices as:
1. All parent/fans, staff, and referees will be required to wear some type of face covering
2. Only ONE parent/fan per player will be allowed into the venue
3. The game day schedule will be slightly altered so that players and parents/fans can leave the venue, before the next round of players and parents/fans are allowed into the venue
4. All players and parents/fans who are waiting for their field time, must wait in their vehicle until their time slot opens up
5. All game balls will be rotated out, wiped down, and replaced with a new ball at the end of the first half of a game, as well as at the end of each game
6. To help with contact tracing as much as we can in case of a positive test result, all individuals entering into the venue will need to provide their name and phone number to league staff
7. If you are sick, please do not show up to the field
8. Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required by all parents/fans that attend the games
9. There will be no pre-game or post-game handshakes
These league mandated guidelines, as well as any federal, state, or local guidelines will be fully enforced and may be revised at any point by the league. Furthermore, the league may choose to adjust the age divisions as needed before the season starts.
In closing, we would like to reiterate that sports, and youth sports in general, are all central to our lives. They serve as an escape from everyday challenges, a tool for teaching our youth life lessons on and off the field, while also helping to provide social skills as well as athletic skills. Sports also provides a shared passion that unites people of all backgrounds. Together, we will get our youth athletes back on the playing field as soon as possible, and again be united by the power of Flag Football.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please continue to remain safe.